Brass Works Ltd is committed to providing a safe and secure shopping experience. We take the security of your personal information very seriously. It explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act). This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this policy.
Any queries regarding this policy and our privacy practices can be made by email to: [email protected]
This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR & DPA are adhere to.
Your Personal Data:
When an order has been placed we capture/hold the following personal data:
- Billing and Delivery Address (if different to billing)
- Contact Email Address
- Contact name
- Company Name (if added) and type of business
- Contact Phone Number (either landline or mobile)
We retain historical information on the orders you have placed with us, what products you have bought, the prices paid, and the address delivered to, this can be anonymised at any point or deleted from our CMS.
We hold information that you may provide in email correspondence, and in customer service and product reviews, and when you communicate with us via social media
We may hold data on how you respond to our email marketing campaigns, such as whether our email has been opened, and what links you may have followed in that communication
Payment transactional data is held, through payment services including: PayPal, Stripe, and WorldPay.
Please note: we only hold the transactional details to enable us to check validity of payments made and to allow access for refunds.
How we use your personal data:
- Better the consumers’ experience
- Conduct market research and analysis
- If agreed-to, we may periodically send you promotional emails
- Retain detailed info in accordance with legal regulations for accounting purposes
- Take payment from you or to process a refund
- To assist you on any queries
- To help us process your order so that we provide the best service possible when delivering your order
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for e.g. when you contact us about products and/or services, when you purchase our products or if you register to receive one of our newsletters or catalogues.
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect information about you for two reasons; to process your order and provide you with the best possible service.
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what website pages you accessed and when. If you purchase a product from us, we will also have your invoice and delivery details.
For each visitor to our web site, we collect information on what pages consumers’ access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we obtain is used to notify consumers about our products and services or update our website. It is never shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information we hold about you by emailing us at [email protected] If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct it immediately.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process orders that you have submitted
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Deal with entries into a promotion or competition
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about new products, promotions, or delivery tracking information
- Process a job application.
- We may share cookie and other data (such as email addresses), with entities such as Facebook and Twitter in order to create custom audiences and make our advertising more relevant to you. We require any such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable data protection legislation.
- We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for e.g. the avoidance of money laundering). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit permission.
Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example delivering goods to you, satisfaction surveys or collection of payment).
However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for e.g. by a court order or for the purposes of fraud prevention or other crime we will not release your information to third parties outside Brass Works Ltd for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes.
The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We use industry leading secure server technology that implements Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to protect your details and assist your shopping experience. SSL is the industry standard for encryption and enables millions of secure online transactions on a daily basis.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then please call our call centre or unsubscribe from our direct communications such as emails.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are continually working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, or you wish us to delete or ‘forget’ your information, please email us at [email protected]
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following functionality requires cookies to be enabled on our website:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
- The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously):
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
- Targeting Cookies
Please note that these cookies do not contain or pass any personal, confidential or financial information or any other information that could be used to identify individual visitors or customers purchasing from our web site.
Processing of data under GDPR
Any information that we collect will be dealt with strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and is for the purpose of the administration of the sale and/or marketing of goods supplied by Brass works Ltd.
To ensure compliance with the GDPR, Brass Works Ltd uses one or more legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Consent - where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose
- Contract - where you are a customer, or are in negotiations to become a customer
- Legal obligation - where the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law
- Legitimate interests - where it is in yours and our legitimate business interests that we process your data, we’re using that data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. An example of this would be where we send you information about our products that may be relevant to your work.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) you have the following rights as an individual;
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in May 2018.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us. If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from Brass Works, then please use the link named “Unsubscribe” located at the bottom of all of our marketing emails. Alternatively, you may unsubscribe via speaking to one of our contact centre agents.
Contact us via the enquiry form on the Brass Works website.
Call us on 0330 390 4377
Email us at [email protected]
Or write to us at:
Brass Works Limited
UNIT 1b Soothill Business Park